Subject: Re: M7---Well Sort Of--
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:49:49 -0400 (EDT)

Stephen,

Thanks for the info. Please send more when it becomes available (!)

Gerhard,

I have it on good authority that Konica is not going to release an M camera
as they feel that the camer would need AF and program automation to be
competitive (not that I agree with that. Just reporting it.). They have,
however, been considering the possibility (I doubt they've made a working
prototype).

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the companies are Minolta, Pentax
and/or Olympus. All are in need of a new flagship that will rebuild their
reputations as 35mm optical greats. Olympus would seem most likely as one,
Minolta as the other (they've already got the production dies).