Subject: Re: viewfinder magnification
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:42:46 -0700

Gerd Hechtfischer wrote:

> in different books I found different information about the
> magnification of the viewfinder image in the M models.
> I understand that the M3 has about 0.91 because 50mm
> is the biggest frame there. But with the M4 and M4-P/M6,
> are the magnifications different or not? The biggest frame
> is 35 and 28 mm respectively, so does the M4 just have more
> "lost space" around the 35 frame?
>
> Gerd

Gerd,

I too have wondered about the M6 and M6J magnification.  I think the M6
is a bit less than the M2/M4 and the M6J a bit less than the M3 but
don't have a source to verify this.

Anyone out there have the answer?

Dennis
- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown