Subject: Re: On her way to become another Diane Arbus ...
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:48:47 -0800

Andy:

You should be fine.  My last vacation to Hawaii I burned $1000 worth of
film and have it filed with agency.  Girlfriend complained about my time
on vacation, but for me taking pix is relaxation.

The main thing is keeping records of where she goes, what she shoots.
Much of photography is simply getting there, so it doesn't mean 8 hours
behind camera.

If you do help seriously, maybe you are deductable.  But the might be
iffy.

Everywhere I go I carry a camera looking for stock--so most miles
deductable.

The stock business is a long term investment.  It gives freedom to do
what you want and the freedom of others to select or not select your
images.  So always a risk.  But worth it.

Stick around the stock forum.  Things are changing rapidly.  Remember
that the most saleable images are model released people and industry.
They are also the hardest to shoot.

So get her on the net!!!

Donal Philby
San Diego