Subject: Re: M6 Dilemma
From: doctorc8@stout.entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 19:37:22 -0600

>"What about buying the M6 as a another system?" he asked. No, I told him, I
>didn't need more Nikons in the closet. I need one camera system that I'll use.
>"Then I'm going to do you a favor," he said, "I'm not going to sell you an M6
>if you trade in any of your Nikons. Because after the novelty of the M6 wears
>off, you'll realize its limitations and you'll want your Nikons back." So I
>left, not sure if the salesperson (who uses an R7) did me a favor or not.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Larry Kopitnik

Larry,

The Leica M system is a wonderful camera system; but, because it is a
rangefinder, its uses are somewhat limited.  I believe that you should
examine the style of photography you are currently engaged in and see if
you need the features that an SLR, especially a highly sophisticated SLR
such as the F4, provides.  I enjoy available light "street" photography and
I do like the solid and compact feel of the Leica M's.  (I also have a
drawerful of Nikons that seldom see the light of day.)

You won't go wrong with the Leica.

Henry