Subject: Introduction
From: "hendrik.korthaus" <hendrik.korthaus@cww.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 97 15:56:58 +0200

Hello,
all of you at LUG!
(especially Andy, Robert and Randolph!)

Some days ago I sent a mail, just 2 say hello at LUG. Some people =
replied and asked me where I=B4m from and what I=B4m doing. Well, =
here is short introduction of myself:

Born in 1964 (maybe the year most of you got their first Leica) I =
started up to take picture at the age of 13 with my father's old =
Zeiss Ikon Contaflex. The next years I worked with a lot of Canon MF =
Cameras und lenses between 28mm up to 400mm during my time as pupil =
and student.

In 1991 I got my first Leica R-E. Last year I bought a wonderful M6 =
after my education was finished at all. I use it with a Summilux 35mm =
and a Summicron 90mm. On the R-system I have 35, 50, 90 and 400mm =
(Novoflex 400mm) and my wife, also using a R-E, works with the =
28-70mm vario. Also I have an old Hasselblad 500C/M with 80mm and =
180mm lenses. I mostly use slides, but I hope to get an B&W-Darkroom =
next time.

People and landscape are my domain, but I use the camera also for my =
business, this will mean at the parish, cause since 1 year I`m =
working as a parson / pastor. I like especially the work with young =
people and deaf people, and maybe we are going to start an photogroup =
in the next time.

I live in a town called Herne here in Germany. It is in the heart of =
the "Ruhrgebiet", the industrial corner of the land. When your are =
searching Herne on our map look between Essen, Dortmund and Bochum.

Using computers for more then 10 years, now it is a Mac, this are my =
first footsteps at the internet, mostly using it to contact my =
friends around the world.

If you like to mail me, please write englisch (I have to brush-up my =
school-englisch, which I never had used since I left school years and =
years ago), swedish (j=E5g har arbeted i tyska f=F6rsamlingen Malm=F6 =
for 2 monaden och prater svenska d=E5lig) or german (Nat=FCrlich :-) =
).

Hoping for good discussions!
Best wishes for all of you at the LUG
Hendrik