Subject: Re: Konica releases the Hexar Lens for M mount in Japan
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:40:35 +0900

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:17:22 -0400 (EDT), it was written:

[snip]
>Check the article for yourself and give us
>your take on it???
>
>Best,
>DG

I have de-lurked; PMFJI.......

Checked out the URL.  Thunder Hirayama does a lot of camera reviews
for the Japanese photo mags.  His black on dark green web page is sure
hard to read!

Konica's Leica M-mount 35mm 2.0 Hexar was released last year in a
limited run of 1,000pcs.  They sold out, Konica says, within 2 months.
I saw them in a local shop last spring, and they were gone before
summer came.  I'm not sure what the list price was----maybe around
80,000 yen?

On a related note, the Leica mount version of Ricoh's GR1 28mm 2.8
lens that Thunder wished for will start shipping in May.  They're
planning a run of 3,000 lenses (2,000 chrome/1,000 black); retail
price is 98,000 yen (US$785 or so).  Ricoh is doing it in screw mount
rather than M-mount, so they've got a bigger market than Konica did
with their M-mount Hexar.  I haven't seen a Ricoh in the flesh, but
from drawings and specs it looks pretty compact---quite a bit smaller
than the 28 Elmarit or 28mm Rokkor-C. =20

I'll let you know when more info on the Ricoh 28mm is available.

PB

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp