Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 22:23:28 -0400

I am glad I was not looking for serious comet photography answers when
the latest flurry of drivel clogged my message file. =

Most of the last three days=92 comments on comet photography is worthless=
=2E

If there is anyone seriously interested in getting good images of
Hale-Bopp, I suggest you look at the NY Institute of Photography site,
or Sky and Telescope=92s WEB site, or the 2400 images of the comet (with
details on lenses, film and exposure) that JPL has up.

Fun is fun, but when people are asking for serious answers about how to
get pictures of the comet of the century, it really is useless to offer
nothing but jokes and trash. =

Since Leicas are perfect for comet photography, I think we really can do
better than the messages this week on the subject. =

Fred Ward