Subject: Re: Photographing the Comet
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 06 Apr 97 10:06:44 EDT

<<<<<Perhaps my experiences will be helpful to those interested in photographing
the comet. >>>>>>>

<<<<<I used old reliable, Leica M3 which is auto-nothing, because it does not
have a mirror and other gadgets to interfere with its operation.  I set the 90
mm lens on infinity and aperture wide open (f 2.8).>>>>>>>

I thought you might like this one! :)

I used an R8 and an 800mm and it still looked like I was 8000 mm short of what
you need to produce a worth while photograph! We screened the images shot on
Kodak E100SW pushed two stops, (400) the actual images were excellent and the
metering was just squeeze down on the camera release and the camera set the
exposure and took the picture. Just as simple as that. :)

And after all the fuss about this comet thing and what I see on film from an
800mm, I really can't get excited about it other than, "gee whiz there is that
thing they are talking about!"  Just maybe I'm becoming synical in my old age.
:)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant