Subject: Re: M6 weddings
From: Randolph Carlisle <carlisle@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 11:08:04 -0500

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> >>Firstly, it this a good idea (i.e. using an M6 to cover a wedding ceremony
> and reception)?
>
> If it is, what are the lenses that I should bring along?   I plan to use
> Kodak EGP 400 film.D Khong

Dan:
You may wish to reconsider using equipment that you have not used under
such conditions.  A wedding may not be the best place to experiment.
What you do will end up in an album and stand as a monument, whether
true or not, to what kind of photographer you were.  We all love 35mm
and Leica stuff, or we wouldn't be in this group, but an 8x10 from high
speed 35mm is really pushing your luck.  Don't risk disappointing a
friend on a very important occassion.  Use your H'blad or something you
are familiar with, flash and iso 100 film - it has worked for years.
Take the Leica and fast B&W film to grab as many shots as time permits
as use this as a learning experience.  35mm is fine for the mob scenes
(reception).  Good luck however you decide to do it.
Randolph