Subject: Re: brain dead
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Mar 97 19:09:45 EST

Hi Alastair,

<<<I'm only sorry the shots are not as well reproduced as I would like. I'll
probably have to get into Kodak Photo CD more often as my Nikon Coolscan and I
are not yet "in-tune".>>>>>

Hi Alastair,

One of the things I became acutely aware of when my book page was produced, the
images aren't quite as good as they are in real life. And the lad producing the
site is a real whiz bang at this kind of stuff and tweaked the highest quality
he could from the scanned images.

When we looked at the images on a couple of different computers at differnt
locations around the city, then it got real scary, as all computers may compute
but they don't all reproduce the images identically in tones etc.  Why? I don't
have a clue! :)

All you hope for is the best possible look to your photography on the screen and
what might look fantasic on one machine it looks the pits on another. Aparrantly
it goes with the territory of the screens.

So you may not be doing anything wrong with the scanner.  But then again? :)

ted

I don't really know how to register with Yahoo, and am really just beinning
to learn about html. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm only sorry the shots
are not as well reproduced as I would like. I'll probably have to get into
Kodak Photo CD more often as my Nikon Coolscan and I are not yet "in-tune".

Alastair Firkin