Subject: Re: Favorite Film/Developer/Paper Combinations???
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 97 16:28:58 +0200

Slow: APX25 in Rodinal 1+50 or thinner. Tonality! Super fine grain
without the fuss of TechPan. If your aim is to enlarge bigtime and
the subject is dead slow try this. For ultimate grain do it in
Perceptol/Microdol-X.

Medium: APX100 in Rodinal 1+50 or thinner. Exceptionally nice
gradation, surpringly good grain. I use mostly this while on the
road in the south (i.e. enought light available). FP4 in Perceptol
looks nice to my eye, too.

Fast: HP5+ in Perceptol 1+1. Still full speed, grain well in check,
great latitude. "Street combo". Souped in Rodinal gives some
grittiness to the images that is sometimes called for.

I've found that my taste has changed a bit over time. Can't take
D-76 anymore, quite flat somehow. Abandoned PanF+ completely once I
found APX25 - one stop advantage cannot redeem it. In process of
trying the new AP_X_400. Anyone tested this one out?

For prints I use RC. MG IV or Agfa's Multicontrast Classic. Last
time I tried Polymax it was pink! Wish I could get a pack of this
Brilliant that people are raving about. How does it compare to
Ilford Galerie? Oh, well better stop, this is
rec.photo.darkroom-stuff now.

Regards,

Kari Eloranta