Subject: Re: Leica bashing on usenet groups.
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:50:05 -0500

   From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
   Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 08:08:11 +0200

   David,
   The number of 100 milliseconds that I quoted related to
   non-autofocus SLR's.  The Leica-R exposes approximately 90
   milliseconds after pressing the button, they are between the
   fastest non-autofocus SLR's on the market.

I guess whenever somebody posts something about the R cameras that
only applies to the electronic ones, one of us R6-lovers has to pipe
up and remind people that the R6 and R6.2 are different, because
they're mechanical.  I'll pipe up this time -- the release on the R6
and R6.2 is instantaneous, being mechanical.  There is an
electromagnetic release for the shutter also -- it's used with the
motor drive, the remote release, or the self-timer, but the release
from the shutter button is mechanical, as is the shutter itself.

- -Patrick