Subject: Re: Noctilux Question
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:48:12 -0800

Richard Clompus wrote:

> My question is this:  Is the weight of this lens a problem if the camera is
> to be carried around a bit? Does it change the entire balance of the camera
> and cause the front of the camera to point down when carried?

Yes, Yes, and Yes,  or at least that is my opinion.

But don't take  my ideas, or anyone elses, on what you should buy.

Rent or borrow it and find out yourself what is best for you.

Even the 50 Summilux is too heavy for my own tastes.  Both the 50/1.4
Nikkor and 50/1.4 Canon (both screw mount with adapters) are lighter and
smaller than the Summilux.  You might want to consider them as well.

Stephen Gandy