Subject: Re: Singapore LUG
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 15:26:21 +0545 (+0545)

At 12:09 PM 97-03-23 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi LUGs in Singapore
>
>There is a very nice photo exhibition in B&W pics taken in China for the
>past 30 years by Marc Riboud.  The 100 (I think) or so stunning exhibits are
>found at Alliance Francaise (4th Floor), 1 Sarkies Road.  They are open from
>9am to 6pm, but closed on Sundays.
>
>I have never seen such an inspiring collection of photographs taken by one
>man in a long time.   The street scenes appear typical of the class
>achievable with a Leica rangefinder.
>
>Admission is free.
>
>Dan Khong
>
>BTW Ian, they are exhibiting till early April.  You will not miss it when
>you are in Singapore.

Hi Dan,

        I was just reading about this exhibition in the 6/96 issue of Leica
Fotografie International and was impressed with the work I saw there.  I
have always had a soft spot for China and always enjoyed my visits there.  I
will definately put it on my list for things to do in Singapore.

        Speaking of Singapore - flights and hotel are confirmed and my
shopping list is getting longer by the day.

        BTW I just recieved 4 issues of Leica Fotografie International and
read them over and over again.  I had ordered them from Williams of Hove,
who sent them to a friend in London, who brought them into Nepal for me.
Life is not easy here at times.

        Thanks for the ino.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal