Subject: LensPen
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:14:36 +0000

Fellow LUGers,

I recently picked up one of the LensPen devices after following a
thread about various cleaning materials. After use, I found that a
black residue remained on the test glass (a grungy non-Leica filter).
Like any conscientious consumer, I beefed to the company through its
Web page (http://www.lenspen.com). The response I received appears
below the line, and the technique suggested in the message solved
this particular problem.

Thank you for emailing me your concern about your new LensPen.  It
sounds like your particular LensPen has too much cleaning compound on
its tip and that is why it is leaving black residue on the lens.

It still works.  All you need to do is pat the tip on a clean cloth,
like a T-shirt, or better yet, a chamois if you have one, to get rid
of the excess compound.  Make sure the T-shirt doesn't leave lint on
the tip.  Pat it on a flat surface about ten times, like a pogo stick.
 Then on the last time, while holding the cloth, twist the LensPen on
it to get rid of any final compound.  Not too hard.

Written by:
   Roy C. Zartarian
   http://www.connix.com/~royzart
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"