Subject: Re: A Puzzlement!!! New R 35-70 F4
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 97 09:08:38 -0800

>From my experience, a 35-70mm zoom is one of the useless lens existing !

When I have a short zoom lens on a camera (rarely on an SLR) which cover
this middling range, I find myself shooting at approximately 40-45mm
focal length most of the time. I only rarely use focal lengths near the
70mm end of the spectrum. So, for me, a 35:70 zoom is quite handy. They
tend to be faster and sharper than 28-90 or 35-105 zooms I've seen, and
also less bulky and expensive.

I don't own any lenses in this category right now, as I prefer the light
weight and speed of prime focal lengths.

Godfrey