Subject: Re: Flash fill ratio? Metz 40Mz and Leica R8
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Mar 97 00:55:39 EST

Harrison McClary wrote:

<<<I have found it is best to shoot at -1/3 to -2/3 when shooting chrome.
The -1/3 still allows you to have a little shadow, but it does not go so
black as to loose detail. >>>>>>

Thankyou Harrison,

That'll give me a guide for a quick shoot I have to-morrow and early Moday
morning before I get a chance do a test as both you and Donal Philby have
suggested.

I figured others had to have a quick start amount to cut for a balance without
over powering.  If I'm lucky it'll be overcast and open shade and I wont have to
use it until I can test properly. :)

thanks again,

ted
Victoria, Canada