Subject: Re: Circulars versus linears Polarising filters
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 Mar 97 22:25:28 EST

<<<<although this 'linear better than circular' thing is quite
persistant, even among some optical experts.  >>>>>

May I ask a question here regarding linear and circular polarizering filters.

It is my understanding that some cameras (Leica R's) have to use circular
because of their design in relation to metering, where others use linear because
of their design.

Am I correct?  And if that is the case, even if linear produced a better effect
than circular, it wouldn't matter anyway, as you would have to use the correct
one for your particular camera.

Is my assumption correct?

teg grant
Victoria, Canada