Subject: Re: POLARISING WITH LEICA-M LENSES ??
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:54:01 -0800

>This is much less convenient, especially when I'm changing the lense. But
>results are excellent.

The only solution I've though of is to use a polarizer with a rotating dial
that has numbers on the edge (B+W and Heliopan make these, maybe others).
Hold the filter to your eye; rotate 'til you get the polarization that you
want; note the number at the top; put the filter on the lens; rotate the
ring so that the noted number is at the top. This is not convenient, but if
you have the time it works.

It's not a solution, but an alternative.

- -Charlie

              Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Deptartment
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074