Subject: Re: Leica as weapon
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 19:51:31 -0600

Jason Tetzloff wrote:

>I can handle the seemingly endless off-topic
>bits on pens, guns, etc, but I find that I am very and increasingly
>intolerant of parochialism of the sort displayed by Chuck.  It is almost
>jingoism, and it isn't very humane or friendly.  Roger Beamon was also
>guilty of this, and I miss him not at all for this reason, but he certainly
>wasn't the only one.

To the list:

Parochialism?  Jingoism?  If you'll review my posts, you'll see that I've
never alluded to whether Oddmund's (or anyone else's) nationality - I find
it supremely unimportant.  LUG is an international fraternity, which is a
large part of why I love it.  I AM intolerant of Oddmund's intolerance. How
many deprecating references to all things American can you find in
Oddmund's posts? How many put-downs of things non-American are in mine?
The correct answers are many and none, respectively.  There's a bit of a
double standard at work here.

I would find Oddmund just as objectionable if he were American. I object to
his politicizing the list.  His agenda is political from start to finish.
And if the listowner allows it, Oddmund will convert LUG to a political
list.  Because to him, everything is political.

I've said my piece, the rest of you can deal with Oddmund as you like.  But
if you think he's not here to start flamewars, you're kidding yourself.  If
I, or Marc, or Roger don't respond, he'll just keep turning up the heat
until someone else does.

Chuck