Subject: Re: 70-180mm 2,8 versus 80-200mm 4
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Mar 97 12:40:51 EST

ted grant wrote:

<In my case, I do so much work wide open or one stop down because I use  the
<highest possible shutter speed and the widest possible aperture whenever I
don't
<need a great deal of depth.  Keeps your subject completely separated from the
<background, which on most occasions you only need as a mush of colour anyway.

Ted,

You are absolutely right, I use to have a Nikkor 80-200mm f2,8 , ande it's true
that I have always used it at the widest possible aperture (but he was lighter
than the Leica). The same with my 100 mm Apo-macro.
I will try to negotiate an even better price.

Thank you,

Lucien

P.S. You are living in a wonderful part of a wonderful country, Lucky man !