Subject: Re: Another night on the IRC!
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 15:30:12 -0400

At 11:20 AM 3/11/97, Dan Cardish wrote:

>Last night Hal Robinson showed up to join me (actually, I showed up after
>him!) in the #leica chat group on the undernet IRC network.

The problem that I have with IRC is that it is never "on" when I'm
available to chit-chat.

The opposite, however, is the BEAUTY of these Mailing Lists... I can access
them, and reply to conversation, at my own pace.

My work is at the mercy of Other People's Schedules... I'm NEVER home at
"regular hours"... I "talk" to my best friends via E-Mail, because their
spouses would KILL me, if I called to say "hello" at two AM... or in the
middle of Sunday Breakfast... or when they're spending what little "quality
time" THEY have (most of my friends are musicians and news photographers...
they are also at the mercy of Other People's Schedules) with their
families.

                                Sorry to have missed You Guys...

                                        Greg.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk