Subject: Re: 50 Summicron
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 22:36:23 +0000

> Opinions, judgements and platitudes wanted: I have a 50 Summicron serial
> #1449873 made in Wetzlar. It's chrome, has very slight cleaning marks on
> front element, and the front section unscrews presumably for use on visoflex
> or some similar retrofitted device. Question is, should I sell it?

Yes, to me for $250. :<)

Keep it and be grateful for what I have?

No. If you sell it to me for $250, I'll be grateful for what you had!
And it'll look so nice on my M3! :<)

 Also, any info as to pedigree (and caliber) would be
> appreciated.
> Carl Socolow

All kidding aside, it's a fine lens. I have it's predecessor, the
Summitar, which is very nice, and a 1970 vintage Summicron. Your
Summicron is reputed to be very close to the performance of the 1970
Summicron, and better than the Summitar. It would have been made in
1956.

My advice? Be happy and take some pictures.

Peter Jon White