Subject: More on the IRC
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 10:14:37 -0500

For more information on the IRC and a good program for using the IRC, namely
Mirc,  got to http://www.mirc.co.uk/index.html (there are a number of mirror
sites listed there in case the connection is slow).

The IRC has a bad reputation, only because there are no limits as to what
kind of chat groups can be created on it.  Thus creating a leica group is as
easy as creating one devoted to strange thing we've all done with women's
undergarments ;-). Creating a chat group is very easy.  Basically, the first
person trying to join a group essentially creates it.  From then on, others
can join in.  The default mode is public chat, where everybody see what
everybody else is saying.  It is possible to have private chat sessions with
one (maybe more, I don't know) on the list of people in the group.  The key
is shoosing a common server (I use one of the undernet.org servers).  I
assume that the FAQ at the above site has more info on this.

The above web site has a lot of info on using the IRC, more than I can
possibly get into here (besides, I am a beginner with the IRC, myself).  I
think that it could be very useful to have a set agreed upon time, or times
to accomodate weird time zones (don't flame me on this; anything other then
EST is weird ;-)) where we can instantly connect with one another to talk Leica.

Dan C.