Subject: Re: Harsh light
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 21:08:04 +0545 (+0545)

At 09:27 PM 97-03-09 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Also, what can be done to preserve photographic equipment in high humidity
>places like Malaysia?? Any ideas??
>
>--ADi

Greetings,

        When I was living in Ghana (high heat & humidity)  I installed a
light bulb in a cupoard or closet where I kept my camera equipment and left
it on all the time.  The heat from the bulb is enough to keep things dry.  I
know it works becuase I tested the moisture levels before and after. There
are probably more advanced and complicated ways of doing this but none of my
equipment had any fungus after two years there.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal