Subject: Re: Tripod Brands
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 97 01:41:53 -0400

>Slight correction:  Manfrotto sells his tripods in both Canada and Mexico
>(the 'other' bits of North America) under his own name.  The Bogen name is
>used only in the USA
>
>BTW - are Lino's photos any good? (And are the made with Leica's?)

David,

Sorry for the mistake.

The photos are very nice. There was care taken so that the cameras are
all lighted similarly, have similar backgrounds and are photographed at
the same angle. There are not any notes about what was used to take the
pictures. They also are of very attractive cameras.

According to the notes in the front of the book, Manfrotto is a big Leica
enthusiast and had badgered Sartorius to compile this edition of the
book--he had done a previous edition that covered only screw-mount
cameras. This one also covers M and R cameras.

It's a very small softcover and a nice little book. There are extensive
tables of lens and camera serial numbers and production quantities in the
back.

There are photos of chrome M4-2 and M4-P bodies in it; other than the
commemorative bodies plated with precious metals and clad in the skins of
endangered animals, I thought that these were all black chrome.

- - Paul