Subject: Re: 90mm f2 for Leica M
From: Hal Robinson <sparky16@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 17:27:16 -0500

Marc,
        In the bottom of my grandfathers camera bag, I fpund what I think is
the "rare" ZOOEP.   It has what appears to be screw mounts on either endwith
distances marcked on it from 5 ft to inf.  It turn just like a lens focuses.
It doesnt bear Leitz on it anywhere, but it does say Germany, and it looks
"Leica"  It also has f stop depth of field markings from 4.5 to 32.  Is this
what you were talking about?
Thanks,
   Hal

ps.  on the inside of the tube, there appears to be a ser#, it reads 715080

At 10:51 PM 3/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:38 PM 3/4/97 -0500, Hal wrote:
>>I have a OUBOI, is this what I need?  Do I unscrew the mount,(head I think?)
>>from the lens?
>
>Ah!  No, an OUBIO is used to convert VISO I lenses like the 4/200 Telyt to
>the VISO II/IIa/III.
>
>You need either the rare ZOOEP/16463 (with a distance scale) or the more
>common 16462 (unscaled) adapter to fit the head portion of the 2/90 to the
>VISO.
>
>This will produce infinity focus.
>
>Marc
>

>Marc James Small