Subject: Re: Different M bodies
From: Tony Chang <stchang@ivnet.com.tw>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:04:04 +0800 (CST)

At 12:06 PM 2/27/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>The M3 came first. It has frames for 50mm 90mm, and 135mm lenses. A
>few early ones don't have a self timer.

M3 does have a light meter right?  Does M6 has the same light meter area as M3?

>The M2 came next. It has 35mm, 50mm, and 90mm frames. Most have self
>timers.

Does M2 have a light meter?  Sorry for my stupid question.

>The M4 came next, about 1967. It has 35mm, 50mm, 90mm, and 135mm
>frames, a self timer, and like the previous two, no hot shoe.

If there is no hot shoe on M2, M3 and M4, then that means I can't use the
21mm viewfinder?

>The M5 was an ugly, (IMHO), version of the M4 with a built in meter.
>
>The M4-2 came next. It was almost identical to the M4 but lacked a
>self timer, and added a hot shoe. It also, unfortunately, says M4-2
>on the front, making it less appealing aesthetically, (IMHO).
>
>The M4-P came next. It's the same as a M4-2 but adds frames for 75mm
>and 28mm focal lengths.
>
>The M6 is an M4-P but with a meter.
>
>Peter Jon White

After comparing all M cameras and I have a conclusion.  I probably will buy
a M4-P + 28mm or 21mm lens first.  I will carry it along with a Hassy
(503cxi + CW winder + 180mm) for street photography.  I definitely need at
least 2 bodies with a wide angle and mid-tele lens when I shoot on the street.

Then I will look for a M3 (with self-timer) + 90mm or 135mm lens.  By that
time, I will not carry my Hassy for street photography anymore.  It is still
kinda BIG to hide under my jacket.  Ha.

Anymore suggestions?

Tony
Tony Chang