Subject: Re: Which M camera?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:41:54 -0500

At 02:40 AM 28-02-97 +0800, Tony Chang wrote:
[snip]

>I remember someone mentioned that M5 is the best M camera Leica has ever
>built.  What is so special about M5 and why it is discontinued?

Whoever said that the M5 was the best M camera Leica has ever built was
probably the one person who actually bought one.  It was discontinued
because it did not prove to be a very popular camera.  There is probably
nothing per se wrong with the camera (though I have heard that the light
meter is delicate).  I have just thought of something where the M5 could
posssibly be better than other Ms.  Since it is larger than the other M
cameras, is the rangefinder base longer as well?

[major snip,snip]

Dan C.