Subject: Re: M7,Tele-Elmar Focusing,etc.
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 27 Feb 97 09:13:39 EST

Andrew S Jordan wrote:

<One clear improvement in the "M7" over the M6 I would like to see is the
<incorporation of averaging in addition to spot metering. Note that the
<spotsize in the M6 is 12mm which is significantly larger than the one in the
<M5(8.5mm)

Personally, I will prefer a real spotmeter, like on the M5.

<An LED readout of at least the selected f-stop or shutterspeed would
<also be handy.

It's possible for the shutterspeed, but not for the F-stop because there is not
link between the lens & the body.

< Otherwise LET US LEAVE the M6 in itss essentially mechanical
<form.Disappointed Leicaphiles should acquire the electronically superior and
<probably optically equal Contax G2.

I don't agree. I hope that Leica will offer us in a nearby future (before
PHOTOKINA 98) the choice between the M6 and a fully electronic body, with all
the possibilities that whe may imagine plus a silent mode. But I want to have
the possibility to use all my previous lenses.

On a M body, I don't think whe need autofocus. I have tried the Contax G2 and I
was'nt convinced by the autofocus on that type of camera.

By the way, I'm not a disappointed Leicaphile , but on the contrary, I'm a
Leicaphile who want to use those marvelous lenses in a wider choice of
situations.

Lucien