Subject: Re: Do you use filters?
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:18:47 -0800

>  Keep
>in mind that I am using the R syetem and can see what the filter is
>accomplishing.  The M system does not offer such eary access.

Just hold the filter up to your eye.

Filters for protection are at the user's discretion. Leica lenses have
UV-blocking cement in between the elements, so a UV filter is not necessary.

Filters for black and white photography, especially outdoors, can be
indispensible. Critical color work can also benefit.

- -Charlie

              Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Deptartment
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074