Subject: Re: Ques. about Elamar 90/4 LTM
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:43:10 -0600

Bogdan KARASEK wrote:

> Hi,
> I just bought an Elmar 90/4,LTM, sn 15456, and I wanted to ask a few
> questions about it.  Would anybody know when it was manufactured.

Hello,

From the serial number I would guess that the lens is from about 1932.
I think you have a fat Elmar, a relatively rare lens.  Does the lens
couple to the rangefinder in the camera?

The lens would not have been coated originally, but may have been coated
later.  I believe the lens has four elements, with the rear group
cemented together.

Optically, it should be pretty good.  Put a hood on it and shoot with
it.

Have fun,

Colin