Subject: Re: R8 is ugly
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:29:45 -0500

At 04:11 AM 23-02-97 +0800, Adi wrote:
>Of all the reviews of the Leica R8 that I have come across. None of them,
>not one, says that it is an ugly, fat, elephant looking thing. A radical
>departure in the look of the R-line should warrant some kind of similarly
>radical opinion. It seems that people are keeping quiet because it is a Leica.

I think it looks goofy.  For the first time I held one in my hands for a few
moments, yesterday.  I have small hands and found the camera too big for my
liking.  I own a Minolta 9Xi and have a similar complaint with it.  My main
problem with the R8 is its thickness.  I have trouble holding it and
reaching the shutter release button, without feeling that I am stretching my
fingers.  I rarely use my Minolta anymore, much preferring my M6 and also my
newly acquired Nikon F2, while not at all a small camera, still seems to fit
in my hands quite comfortably.

Dan C.