Subject: Re: Mr Erwin Puts' post
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:55:54 -700

Thus spake Nowell & Jennifer Creadick on 22 Feb 97:

> >Though it may not be international enough to satisfy you, one must
> >look very hard to find an INTERNET list that is dedicated to a
> >product that has a more diverse subscriber list than this.
> >Diversity is automatic when conditions are correct. They are
> >correct on this list and it reflects that already.
>
> Roger...at the risk of pushing some buttons again....and I really
> don't want to do that..I am just curious..may I ask how you define
> diversity, conditions, and correct conditions?   Thanks.  Nowell

Oh sure you do, Nowell, but that's ok, since I don't feel that the
lance has become too far imbeded.  :- )

"Diversity" with respect to the subject at hand, i.e. more input from
the "internationals". You know, kinda like the golf matches that
match the U.S against the rest of the world which is called the
International Team. That, too, is ok, because, in this case, there is
no competition. We're in this together with the common bond of a
mutually respected instrument; Leica! There *are* already a large
number of posters to this list that are natives of other than the
U.S. Maybe there will be more or less in the future, but that is for
the list itself to sort out.

"Conditions" are the fact that the INTERNET, being international in
scope, gives us the ability to have input from the entire world.

"Correct conditions" exist since, by my observations at least, the
subscribers who post to this list appear to be less parochial in
their attitudes, thus, input differing from theirs is accepted
without rancor most of the time. As long as the topical material is
Leica/photographic, that is. There will always be exceptions, but as
long as the exceptions are transitory and brief, they are fine. Now,
to get to what you want me to get to is the fact that "I am grateful
that Oddmund was a transient and by God, I love my country"!  8^)
(said by Roger as he forceably withdraws the lance from his chest
and, though hemorrhaging, rides off on his white horse.)
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum