Subject: Re: Mr. Puts' Thoughts
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:46:32 -0700 (MST)

>>I don't think its fair to say that the Leica was built for a certain type of
>>photography.  The camera has been around too long to be able to lump it into
>>one catagory or another.  Perhaps I am wrong, but my reading between the
>>lines of Mr. Puts letter suggests that the only proper use of a Leica is
>>'street photography'.

That was certainly not what I was supporting in my reply to Erwin's post.
The subject or the setting of the work is not what makes it worthy of the
equipment. It's the way in which it is treated. My point was that the Ms
were designed with the capability to produce phenomenol results - whatever
the style or subject. Unless folks continue to produce these results by
actually using the cameras, the legend becomes just that.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA