Subject: Re: Polaroid Print Film
From: "Don Bledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:51:05 -0700

Charlie

>> The film is almost certainly made by Agfa. They tend to make a lot of
store brand films.<<

Thanks for the feedback.

While this film does not appear to be a store brand I too suspected it was
made by Agfa.

>>Agfa can give very pleasing results, but it doesn't seem to be handled
well by my local processor (or it doesn't react well to the light and
subjects I normally shoot), so I stick with Kodak Royal Gold or New Fuji
Reala for color prints.<<

Traditionally I have not had the results I wanted with Agfa film either,
which is why I was so surprised by this film (figuring as you did it is
likely made by Agfa).  Still, I suppose Agfa, like other film makers, make
many different grades/emulsions of film and this may be different than the
other Agfa I have tried.  I, like you, typically shoot Kodak Royal Gold (25
& 100) and Fuji Reala.  I love the results from Royal Gold 25 and Royal
Gold 100 is very nice, as is Reala, neither Royal Gold 100 or Reala have
given me results like this.  Naturally two rolls do not make a thorough
test so will try a lot more and see how it goes.

>>The proof is in the results, however, and if the Polaroid film works for
you then I wouldn't think twice. Put a few dozen rolls in the freezer and
happy shooting.<<

Good advise and I have taken it.

Regards, Don