Subject: Re: Leica M: object of desire?
From: Henry Chu <doctorc8@entertain.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:11:02 -0700

> world *will* and *is* becoming less North America centric. Given
> time, I suspect that the world may be using Chinese as the
> international default language instead of English.

Roger,

Unlikely.  Chinese, like French (for different reasons), is much too
cumbersome to adapt to technical innovations and new inventions that the
world seems to be spitting out daily.  English is imminently adaptable
and will probably the technical language of choice for some time to
come.  (You should try to type a letter in Chinese on the computer.)

Henry