Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 05:07:58 -0500

At 11:00 PM 18-02-97 EST, Thomas P. Myro wrote:

[snip]

>One could say that the fact that M3's and their accessories are such
>pricy COLLECTIBLES is due to the number of Leica USERS, who, at $1200 a
>body, consider them to be "cheap".  Compare other high-quality cameras of
>the 1950's, and you will see that the M3-- not rare by any means, is
>obsurdly expensive.  This is due to its durability and popularity as a
>user, if anything.

I don't understand your logic.  To me, the only people who pay $1200 for an
M3 that only cost about $700 (in Canadian dollars)  a few years ago are
collectors who have no intention of using the camera.  They hope to be able
to resell it for $2000 a few years from now.  They'd be crazy to actually
use the camera, or even handle it to any extent without wearing gloves.

Dan C.