Subject: Re: Leica copy (Russian)
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 01:05:47 -0600

Bernardo Lam wrote:

> I need some help with this camera, a Kiev (very pretty, looks as it left
> the factory yesterday!) screw mount Leica copy.
>
> This is my very first screw mount, I also got 2 Jupiter lenses, 85/2.0 and
> 35/2.8 plus a cute finder.
>
> According to what I read, this should be copy of the Leica II, the
> question (quite embarrasing), is there a special spool required to load
> film in this camera?, I can't find a place where to insert the film
> leader in the transport mechanism.
>
> Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is an off-topic question.
>
> Bernardo Lam

Bernardo,

I don't know the Kievs too well but if they are like the Leica remove
the bottom plate, pull out the take-up spool, thread  the film on to
that and insert the cartridge and spool again.  You may want to trim the
leader back a bit.  There's probably a diagram there.

Sounds like a nice outfit.

Colin