Subject: Re: Zeiss Numbers
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 14:17:49 PST

     Hi,

      Assuming that you know a lot about the Contax rangefinder cameras, I
     am asking for some help.  I do have a Contax which I know IIIa with
     50/1.5 Sonnar lens.  It has the serial number starting with L.  I know
     there are II, IIa, III and IIIa.  What is the best way to discern
     them, which is which?  I heard it though the grapevine that earlier
     models like II are problematic.  One dealer has a Contax II with
     50/2.0 for 295 in Ex+.  Is it a fair price?  Thank you in advance.

     Regards,

     David
     seungmin@luxcom.com