Subject: Bought the Pinhole Lens
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:22:01 -0500

Dear List,

I just got off the phone with George at Lens and Repro in NYC (phone
212-675-1900).  The new pinhole lens they just received is the Avenon 28
"air lens".  I was told it was over engineered with very heavy mount, laser
drilled pinhole and a protective glass filter that can be removed when
photographing.  Only problem is that the enclosed directions are in
Japanese.  That's not one of my fluent languages.  My only fluent language
is English.

All this talk about pinholes got me real interested in how good a well made
pinhole lens would actually work with a Leica.  It kind of puts the "fun"
back into photography since you really don't know if the results are
something you want to share with someone else.

I should have it by Wednesday.  I'll try outdoor photos first.  It wouldbe
interesting to try a christmas tree light test.  Does a pinhole have coma?
I'm sure its got a few things that will be interesting discovering them
along the way.  At least with a Leica, I'll be able to meter through the
pinhole and see what I am photographing through the viewfinder.

I'd still like to find a source for a T mount adapter for a reangefinder
Leica.  I'll keep you posted on my new purchase.

Best regards,

Richard Clompus, OD
Pennsyvania, USA