Subject: Re: Newsgroup (was: Bye!)
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 21:24:07 -0500

Personally, I am not going to send messages to a Leica newsgroup.  If
I send something to the leica-users list, I'm sending it to about 80
or 100 people, with many of whom I've already corresponded.  But if I
send something to a newsgroup, I'm sending it to quite a few more,
including robot programs that send advertising mail to everybody who
posts on a newsgroup, random weirdos who I've never heard of before
who send me bizarre mail disagreeing with what I say, etc.

But I certainly would be the last person to tell others not to
establish a newsgroup.  By all means, establish a newsgroup!  The
leica-users list will continue to exist anyway, and I'll still enjoy
it.

- -Patrick