Subject: Re: should I keep the Leica?empty shells
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:32:36 +0000

> It was once suggested to E. Leitz GMbH that they produce special
> Leica cameras for collectors. Since the boxes with Leicas inside would
> be worth much more SEALED than if opened, the Leicas would just be
> shells without any working parts inside.

Greetings,

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but when Leitz came out with that
M3 look-a-like a few years back I concluded that they looked on their
customers as a bunch of fools. In my opinion, there is no practical
use for the camera, and they will only be held as collectors items.

Had they re-issued the real M3, or a camera with the M3's
viewfinder and the newer film take-up spool, that might have been a
useful camera.

Peter Jon White