Subject: Re: Newsgroup
From: "Juan F. Sanz Cervera" <Juan.F.Sanz@uv.es>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 12:14:00 +0100

> >> I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a vote on starting a Leica
> >> newsgroup in place of this mailing list

I prefer the list. If we start a newsgroup we are going to find a lot of
postings from people questioning Leica equipment, starting wars of the type
XXXX is better than Leica, etc. I personally couldn't care less for this
type of threads in newsgroups. I find in this mailing list a good deal of
useful information compared to its "noise" level, while in many rec.photo.*
newsgroups this is not necessarily so. Just my opinion...

Regards,

   - Juan