Subject: Leica RF Competitors
From: gmrobinson@mmm.com
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 15:43:12 -0600

When I was growing up during the 50's, the two top 35 mm cameras were Leica
and Contax with Retina somewhat behind them.  During the early 60's Carl
Zeiss gave up the race against Leitz and was soon followed by Kodak.  I
have used a Leica M3 most of my photography life and consider this camera
close to perfection.  I have never used the other two cameras, except for
examining them, and would appreciate opinions about their features and how
their bodies and lens compare with the Leica M cameras