Subject: 50mm Summarit 1.5
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 13:26:32 -0700

LUGs,

I have a "slightly-hazy" 50mm Summarit 1.5. The rest is mint-. I believe
that the haziness may be due to something deteriorating in the cement used
in this lens. I don't believe it is oil from the works. Anyway, I would like
having to take this lens apart for cleaning.

Because of illness and too much work, I did not have a chance to shoot with
this lens yet. Can you comment on why this lens is so much liked. Roglatti
says that there were many tens of thousands of these lenses and the original
users like to hold onto them. I would like to have you opinions.

Also, it seems that the shades for this lens are more in demand than the
lens itself.

Thank you for your comments.

Chris