Subject: Re: Hasselblad Re: Viewfinder
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 00:03:22 -0600

C.M. Fortunko wrote:

> Roger,
>
> I agree. These guys should have invited a fellow with a banquet camera. A
> four-by-five would be OK too. But a Hasselblad is simply not acceptable.
>
> Chris

Chris,

The 4x5 shot from Lexington didn't look much better than the 2 1/4" shot
this year.  In fact, I think the Hasselblad wide angle didn't "stretch"
the people on the edges as much.  What if he had shot with a 50mm
Summicron and Royal Gold 25? Those in the back row wouldn't be as small
and we wouldn't have had to stand in the hot sun so long.  If the prints
made were larger than 8x10 or there had to be less than 100 of them made
by the end of the day I would concede there would be a bigger
difference, but...

Just a thought.

Colin

P.S.  I'm in the middle, a few rows directly behind Dan Black, in the
white shirt.