Subject: Re: Silver oxide batts for M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 22:31:33 -0700 (MST)

>My photo dealer commented that the best batteries to put into an M6 are  a
>pair of Silver oxide batteries.  She has never known them to leak whilst the
>Lithium alternatives do give trouble once in a while.  I still have the pair
>of Silver oxides which came with the used M6 I purchased 2 years ago and
>they still work fine. When silver oxides gets weak, they swell up a bit and
>you can tell from the slight bulge on the flat aspect of the cell.
>
>Dan K.

I got my M6 new in October. I just replaced the batteries Wednesday for the
first time. I went back and counted film and I figured around 70-80 rolls
went thru the camera on a silver oxide cell. Add to that the newness of the
camera (I played with it alot at first) and I'd say it gets the battery
milage that the booklet says.

Also, my meter freaked out right before I changed the cells. Both LEDs would
light up and remain lit thru the entire aperture range. Anyone else have
this happen?

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO