Subject: Re: Wrist strap....
From: The astounding Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 21:03:05 -0500 (EST)

On 6 Feb 1997, Michael Hintlian wrote:

> Not too many years ago it wasn't hard to find a decent wrist strap...the kind
> that screws into the tripod socket.  For street work they are a joy to use with
[snip]

> Any ideas?

Now don't laugh. I'd start with an appropriately sized flat nylon dog
collar & cobble up the bolt and D-ring to attach it to a camera.  An 18
inch collar about 1 inch wide served as a wonderful replacement for the
original carrying strap of an old wood 4x5 I had restored to
functionality.

The shoon (dog to those of you without an "ian" at the end
of your surname) whose collar I borrowed to serve as a prototype was
constantly under foot until I replaced the collar around her neck.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart