Subject: Re: APX25 and Copying
From: "John Poirier" <jpoirier@tailpipe.learnnet.nt.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 11:02:00 -0700

> > David asked:
> >
> > >Question:  When copying slides (to print film) I get a huge gain in
> > >contrast.  Short of using a specialized copy film (I do too little of
it to
> > >warrant that) can you (or anyone on this list) recommend a commonly
> > >available neg film with lower contrast (or any "tricks of the trade"
that
> > >will lower contrast)?

If you want colour copies,  try copying on ordinary colour neg film and
having the film scanned to Photo CD.  Photo CDs can handle much higher
contrast than conventional printing paper.  You can then have prints made
from the CDs.  (I've done about 5,000 colour images this way- works fine.)
You could also have the slides scanned directly to Photo CD, although this
might
cost more, depending on the number of images you are copying.